Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 30, 2008

Wonderful people of my life - 1

It's true that some people will always be remembered in one's life for various reasons. Today I want to write about those few people who will always be a part of my memories that connect me with the past as well as make me feel good in the present.

The first found friend :
When I moved to hostel to pursue my bachelors' degree ,I was put up with 10 other girls in a dorm (freshers were always put up in a dorm).I reserved a cot along with a newly found friend and was waiting to see the rest of them. Once everybody started to occupy their cots,I saw a 'Laurel and Hardy' kind of a pair walking inside in a hurry to reserve the cots for them.A huge(she's actually not huge but looked like that to me who's not even 5 feet tall) tall girl with curly hair that looked a small nest on her head along with a tiny girl who looked like a baby and was quite hesitant to even speak. The duo talked among themself in a gush and reserved two cots for themselves before they left.They were quite amusing to me.


We started our dorm life and the days passed interacting with each other,knowing each other and making friends.The tall girl with the bush on the head was quite funny,in fact hilarious and had a funny voice,she didn't know what fashion was (just like me,that was the first common thing I noticed) and was very disorganized. We were in different branches,different was our study material and the way we moved around with people.Even the kind of friends one made were different from the other.
Lest did I know then ,she was the first most beautiful thing to happen to me at Hassan(the place where I graduated) and would remain with me forever.My opinion about her changed as I got to know her.She was hilarious and she could dare to laugh at herself.One of the good things I noticed about her was,she would make fun of herself instead of people around her.She was disorganized but 'what you see is what you get ' was true in her case,there was no manipulation.She had her head firmly on her shoulder.

Though our expressions were different our thoughts were similar ,hence
we could connect to each other quickly and easily than any newly found friends of us.Later we became room mates when we moved out of the dorm. I owe a lot of things to her,especially the laughter she lent to me many a times and the warmth she spread when she was around.

Years later when she attended my wedding,I realized how beautiful she was.She had only changed her appearance and the rest remained the same.Though she's miles away from me, she makes me feel just as good by sending emails.

You are one of my assets Pali.

The second asset :
When I was in first year,as I said earlier I was in a dorm. There were 3 seniors who were staying next to our dorm,one of which was quite strange.She was short ,had a boy cut(not veg cut exactly),big eyes,strange way of walking and looked like she cared less about anything else.She even had an intolerable voice when she sang but as I said earlier,she cared less about such things.Most of the time,I would find her doing no nonsense except for that horrible singing.

I was on the stairs,looking for my way out on one of the evenings and that's when I saw her for the first time.This alien was walking up in her own world singing 'Aankhon hi aankhon me ishaara ho gaya ...'. I was in a hurry but I had to slow down as she came before me from nowhere.I tripped,looked at her balancing on my feet,so she did and we moved in our directions within a fraction of a second without fussing about it or exchanging stares.

There was one more warm person like Pali who was staying with this alienated girl.She got along with all our dorm mates easily and on one fine day ,in my absence,she chose me as another roomie for them as one of the 3 had completed graduation and was leaving.I had no complains, neither had anything to resist so I moved with them the next year.These two were my roommates for an year and once they left after their graduation Pali joined me for another 2 years later.

One good thing about moving with them was,I had less of visitors in my room to disturb me.Hehehehehe,it was all because of that alienated girl that my friends were scared of.I got along with the warm person too soon and we would even travel together to Bangalore.She was my unofficial god mother.As the two were in final year(5th year Architecture),they were busy with their final projects and the one I got close to ,would spend more time In Bangalore to complete her project than the other one.That's how I had to spend more time with the other one and our story began to form.

I don't remember when the barriers fell and we got along very well and she was the other good thing to happen to me at Hassan.We would speak about anything on the earth and soon we realized that both were not biased about anything which let us speak our mind out without any hesitation.Being the two different individuals we were,we would accept the other without any restrictions or conditions.Strangely,this one was Pali's favorite as well.
After couple of years,we moved to a rented house where both of us stayed while working until each one of us got married and moved out with the respective spouses. We are still the same good friends and would love to have couple of drinks whenever we find time.

I have couple of other friends but not all at once !

3 comments:

  1. Gee thanks,Sahana would be proud too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pakhi, This is a cool one!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and when can i expect my name to come in this list ?? Wonderful people of my life - 1564 ???? :-)

    ReplyDelete