Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

When I became a detective

When I turned the last page after reading the entire series of 'Sherlock Holmes' for 3 hours I felt like none other than but him. Something that you all must know is I'm more or less like him,very smart at discovering things and I'm sure that's why my hubby calls me the brand ambassador of Discovery Channel and not because of my looks or behavior.

After I kept the book aside I realized my home was at dreading silence. Due to the aftereffects of reading the book I wanted to take up this issue very methodically to discover the off-scene facts,no no it's not obscene I know for sure it's off-scene. I started analysing the situation to find out the vital few.

The kid of my neighbour was screaming it's larynx out,my land lady was shouting at the maid,the boys who work in the opposite security firm were fighting over the gender of bobby darling,the labours at the construction next door were being shouted at from the contractor but still my home was at dead peace. I turned on the TV and some video about funny animals was being telecasted on Discovery Channel. It struck to me right then,it was my Kuppu who was missing from the scene. (For reader's clarification only: Kuppu is my kitten which is a month old.) When Kuppu is at home I get a lot of visitors,very frequent being the street dogs.

I put on my glasses,held a lens in my hand and wore a woolen cap (I looked for a leather hat and a smoking pipe to get a detective look but couldn't find both). Kuppu's favorite hideout could be any small space where she could push herself in though it was not possible to get herself out anytime in the past.

My first target was the shoe stand as per Kuppu's priority.I looked inside every shoe in vain. Then I wanted to look behind the fridge but the space was too little for me to get in there. As I was trying to get inside in that 1feet gap,my fridge was pushed forward and I realised that was the easy way to get inside but by then I could see from where I stood that Kuppu was not hiding there. I tried to push the TV stand up thinking it could move just like the fridge but the moment I tried to lift the TV stand entire thing that was on it fell down. I tried to see what was on the TV stand but there was nothing more than just the TV.

Now my search took a serious turn. At any cost I wanted to find her so that I could convince my hubby that I was methodically trying to get Kuppu and how I succeeded. Though there was very little chance to hide in the balcony,I wanted to take this chance so I opened the door and looked once in right side and then in left side slowly turning my head(Slow movement was to add the thriller effect). While I was still looking outside,I felt a kind of movement next to me at the ground level. I looked down in fear only to find kuppu standing next to me looking in the same direction as I was looking slowly turning her head in both the directions. Then she looked at me as if she wanted to know if I found what I was looking for.

That night when I my hubby came home ,I told him about my victory. He had a smile on his face but only until he came to know about the TV :(

No comments:

Post a Comment