Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

Seasonal Wedding.

When was the last time you attended a wedding and what did you go through before attending it?Mine was very recent, so recent that it looks like yesterday to me every time I recollect it.

It was actually for the wedding reception at 7pm we were invited to.It was an arranged marriage which was arranged by the bride and the groom.As per the information from our insiders,groom's parents didn't like to go for it so they were not attending the wedding and bride's parents were ready to take an advantage(??!!!) so they readily agreed after groom's continuous pleading.


After my hubby came back from cricket we were in our parents' place till 4 when he received a call from the groom asking us to be there by 5pm as there was some ritual which was supposed to be conducted from groom's brother and SIL. As there were no relatives of his were attending the wedding except his friends and colleagues he thought we best suited the role (actually,it was last minute arrangement as his another friend-couple ,who were already booked for this didn't turn up).

Since both of us had to be formally (I wanted to avoid the word decently) dressed and we didn't have our clothes and accessories there,we managed with whatever we got from them.My hubby is known for punctuality,his punctuality is a birth right as he was born right in time.So we reached the hotel (Royal Archid) when the clock struck at 5 to find nobody.

I checked with my hubby if that was the venue,before he could answer he got a call from the groom.Once he was done answering the phone call,he told me that the groom was not yet reached as he was supposed to reach after 'Rahu Kala'. It was a very exciting thing to wait for the host sitting in the lounge counting how many arrived and how many left.Trust me,they even offered a supervisor role to me as I kept an eye on everybody walking around but I declined stating it was not on my IDP (Individual Development Plan).

The groom was scheduled to be arrived after an hour and by then he had called up his bride ,whose folks were already there,to receive us. Once the lady introduced us as Groom's 'Boss' and 'Boss's Wife' they all looked at us in disbelief looking at a huge monsterly figure (my hubby) and a small sparrow like figure (me ),they all sighed once and forced a smile one their faces.I told Eddie that we should have brought our wedding certificate.

I was actually very sympathetic towards the groom as there was no relative of his was present.Actually that's not the only reason,the fact that he was being dragged around and made to sit and stand at the bride's father's and brother's left finger(!!???) which was glorified by the Pandit's victimization in favor of bride's parents. It was then I realized why did he reach late.I'm sure he wanted to squeeze in more time for himself to relax and prepare for all these things.

After all the rituals,it was time for the couple to fall on the feet to check the heat.Her folks asked them to touch our feet first.Oh my,just imagine a 6 feet guy is falling at a feet of not even 5 feet lady who is readily mistaken for her husband's child all the time.Anyway,we didn't want to stay over for the reception too,so we wished them and returned home.Her folks wanted us to have food and I was almost dead by hunger but my hubby didn't want to stay back as he was petrified that might also be another planned ritual,so he dragged me away from the dinner table.We ran for our life ,didn't stop till we reached our parents' house.We only stopped by to change and more importantly to hog food.

All of them were looking at us whether the wedding we went didn't include a dinner or not.Like we care !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment