Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

Walking across memory lane !

On a second thought I felt there's nothing silly here.Whatever I do may look silly to my older generation just as it looks to me when the next generation does something.The same pranks I played when I was a teen now look silly to me. Whoa ! am I growing old ? Let's keep that aside as I don't want to make that as the topic of discussion here .

Those girls in teen, who boarded the bus today, put me in thoughts. It reminded me of my 4 golden years at Engineering college and my stay at hostel.Meeting new people,managing life all by self,new experiences and new lessons were the take aways.

I remember the way we used to manage our monthly finances.Re.1 Khara bun,0.50 paise Banana were multiplied by 30 when preparing the monthly budget for evening snacks.The money saved was effectively used for celebrating b'days,buying gifts,treating friends and for outing.It was so effective that my balances of mess bills increased drastically.To clear all the bills at the end of the term,I told my dad that there was a certain amount of money fixed as donation to the institute and with the donations he made I sincerely cleared all the bills. Just as they said 'Charity begins at home' ,eh !

Those crank calls made to the hostel and how we never let go off even one call without answering.Actually,as there was no cell phones in abundance like now, we couldn't afford to miss calls to return later so we promptly answered all the calls including our hostel mates' boyfriends' calls even at 3 or 4 in the morning without complaining.We became workaholic types and our hostel management was so impressed they even offered the post of receptionists as a part-time job.Those midnight gossips which were seldom targeted at girls who returned to the hostel promptly but mostly at those girls who never returned until next sunrise,feeling jealous about those daring ones who put the rest of us thinking what could they have done the whole night.

Planning for college fests,what to wear,how to impress boys(these men now were boys then).How to make them say those 3 words and who would get to whom.Once all done,we would come back and those who lost would talk 100 things about those who succeeded in their plans and those who won wouldn't talk anything as they would be lost in a different world.

Those starry nights,all girls' night outs.Even when the heart is all set to pop-out,trying to pose like a superhero by showing off to the rest of them that drinking and smoking is no big deal, while looking at every corner to make sure we were not caught doing it.Talking of a past relationship which never happened in real and how easy was it to handle boys.

I'm in touch with most of them with whom I wanted to keep contacts.When we all get-together there's no better thing than recollecting these to cherish the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment