Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

My analysis and derivation !

On a serious note, my hubby actually made me think why I liked Phantom.

So here's my analysis;
  1. Whenever I was listening to the stories told to me in childhood,my world of imagination would come alive and I could effortlessly relate the hero of the story to a figure like Phantom as it was unique and easy to remember.Just like how you always try to relate to a figure even today if you hear about a person you haven't seen.

  2. He was portrayed as not only a brave but someone who was intelligent enough to break any kind of riddle.He didn't wait for a miracle to happen and there was no supernatural power involved. It was him,though he was projected as the 'Ghost that walks'.He was in flesh and blood.

  3. The climax of his stories ended really well. Truth and right things made way,like 'Sathyameva Jayathe'.It had a very positive effect and for someone who grew up listening to this would definitely have a positive frame of mind.

  4. Most importantly,he always went back to his family at the end of every episode.He was more people oriented than process.He had a family which was always important to him and hence he went back to them always.

Now,after the analysis I want to remember these points and will include these if I ever try to write stories for Children.

  1. Something very easy to associate ,either the name or the appearance.

  2. Resolve using brains and be brave.Do not wait for miracles to happen but be one.

  3. Positive ending.

  4. Return to family.

If I have a baby girl,I wouldn't want to tell her stories about the cursed princess who was rescued by a prince instead, I will tell her what did a princess do to save herself than waiting for an unknown angel who might have not even existed.

Thanks Eddie,Now I know what I liked when I read Phantom.

1 comment: