Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

Tail bone(s) :)

It was a long day at work. When I was just about to leave, Gene called me. Name sounds funny is it? so does the person. I wouldn't want to disclose her identity so let me use the same name,in fact people know her by this name than her original name.Explaining anything to her would take a genius anything more than an eternity. Anyway,poor thing wanted to inform me about her engagement. She sounded happy.

She was in my team before she quit and moved on to join a different organisation. She asked me about our old teammates and the managers as well. There was this support group expert with us then who had just met with an accident and injured his tail bone. As we were talking about everybody I told her about him as well. She felt really sad and asked me whether he suffered any major injuries for which I told her about his tail bone injury.

She did feel very sad and asked me for his # to give him a " get well soon " call. Then she said she got a haircut done for her engagement and her guy liked it a lot,he even said it looked very sexy.I didn't have a choice but to ask her to forward her makeover pics.Like she was waiting for it, she said she would do it right then. I Asked her to send it to my personal ID so that I could check that at home as I was leaving for the day.Just before we ended she asked me all of a sudden " Geethu, you said tail bone na? front one or back?" ! I didn't know what to say, with great difficulty I managed to say " back" and disconnected.

I came home with a sad face and my hubby knew something was wrong,so he asked me " What's wrong sweet?" . Holding my tears I said to him " Chinnu ,now I know why I scored so less in biology. My biology teacher never told me there was a tail bone in front as well and I was always under the impression that there's only one which is at the back." When I looked at him, I could make out even he was trying to control his emotions.He said " Don't tell me you spoke to Gene ". Alas ! that's my hubby he knows in and out of me. Anyway I felt really sad for my Biology knowledge.

After I went through all sorts of refreshments, I sat before the system to check my personal mails and found Gene's pics as well. I called my hubby to show him the pics. While we were waiting for it to open I told him every word what we spoke.He looked like he listened to everything I said. I didn't want to ask him to repeat as he looked more interested waiting for the pics to open. It was taking a long time but there were only two pics. For now, it was all still black like hair and nothing else was visible.Suddenly we looked at the bottom of the pics for the title which read "Before" and " After" respectively. We looked at each other and shutdown the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment