Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

Treadmill Vs Jogging

As we decided to follow the trend, my hubby and myself checked into the shop to buy a tread mill. While we were on our look out for a " how may I help you? " breed,this guy from nowhere appeared and he had his trade mark on his face to mean that it was him we were looking for, a broad smile. He showed his teeth when he smiled and said " how may I help you Ma'am?" .

I was really offended as he asked me and not my hubby. I asked my hubby " Listen, do I look fat?" my hubby said hesitantly " Bol India bol" . I didn't follow what he said but we moved on.When we asked him to show the tread mill he showed a good looking model ,I meant the tread mill and started explaining the features. I looked at my hubby and asked him to check for the price. He said it was around 40,000/- and he smiled for free showing all his teeth. I wanted to ask if it was a new set. But as I heard the amount I was at loss of words, I looked at my hubby and said " Bol India Bol " but it looked like he was looking somewhere else.

All of a sudden I remembered we had a small house so I told my hubby that it would be difficult to accommodate the treadmill inside the house. Sales guy suggested to keep it outside ,we both looked at him in pity and said " Now-a-days people are very health conscious and our neighbours are very jealous by nature. They would want to use our treadmill and may not give us a chance to use. Lot of obligations you see." Then my hubby said we could keep our refrigerator outside but I had to explain him that winter was never good for these products. Moreover it had been raining since a few days so didn't want to take a chance. What if the rain water took away our fridge? and then I asked my hubby if we could keep the TV outside for which he said that along with the TV we would also need to sit out and when it was raining and so cold outside it was a bad idea to shift outside . Moreover I myself changed my mind as we couldn't afford to sleep outside for reasons that my hubby would snore so loud and I didn't want to hear it from my neighbours about it. At times ,the night watchman would visit us in the morning and thank my hubby whenever he had to go on vacation.

Somehow ,we told the sales guy that it was not because of the price of the treadmill but the size of our house that we were unable to buy one. He showed his teeth again and asked us to come again.We said confidently that we would return once we shifted our house to a bigger one and he believed. We got back home and decided to go for jogging which would work out cheaper. My hubby and I decided not to tell anybody about this treadmill incident. Just then the door bell rang and as we opened the door our owner and another tenant family who were the residents of the ground floor walked in and asked us about treadmill incident.

We looked at each other in dismay and decided to check for ears in the walls once they all left !

No comments:

Post a Comment