Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

How do I relate to whom?

I'm the second kid to my Mum and I'm also her Sister-In-Law. I have three nephews and at the same time they are my brothers. They can either call me Maami or Akka. When I have a kid, it can call my Mum either Grand Mum or Aunty (Atte) depending on how I relate to her. So what will my nephews or my brothers will be to my kid???? Is it all confusing????? That's what I'm coming to now. Wherever we all go, we create confusions to everybody.

It's actually like this. My hubby has an elder sister who's my Sister-In-Law. Since she's very fond of me she couldn't see me happy anymore and adopted me as her daughter giving birth to all these confusions. Now you all can relate however you wish to.

One good thing about this confusion is, since the day it began ,visitors at home have reduced to nil. Initially whenever someone came home, they would address each one in the house with respect to their age and would feel comfortable that way but now they are all afraid of getting lost in figuring out how to address and whom to address. Some of the distant relatives have gone another mile away trying to relate them to us. Thanks to Chechi (that's how we all call my Mum I mean my SIL.)

This one time, one lady said “This is what happens when you get married at the young age. Now you already have such a Big son (he is big, believe me), married daughter and 2 more kids after her." We both looked at each other.In fact,she has only one 8 year old son and the other two nephews are the sons of other two SILs.

There was this another time when my eldest bro's friends came home for Christmas and he introduced my hubby(his uncle) as his BIL and the guys were shocked." He was your brother like till yesterday and when did he become your BIL?" to which my bro said “since he married my sister." They continued arguing “when did you have a sister?" . “Since my Uncle married her " said my bro.

Is it all still confusing? Don't bother, we are all a family and we have names, does it make it simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment