Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

Switching roles with Mom !


When I was in school I would wait for summer holidays as any school going kid.Along with the joy of missing school and studies it was the excitement of visiting my Uncle and Aunt that used to make me more anxious. Let me tell you the reasons as well. I'm from a small town and had hardly enjoyed the city life,weekend parties,big theaters and parks ,more so because my parents were teachers and always considered all of the above as not so good sign for upbringing of kids.Even during parties at my uncle's place we were locked in a room and would be let out only next morning.

My mom used to be on our guard whenever she took us to my uncle's place. There was this time when we went to a park one evening hoping to have fun.Myself and my cousin had just stepped into teen and were fun loving. When we entered the park,we surveyed through our eyes not letting my mom know. Mom and my aunt took us to the place where the kids were playing which was quite embarrassing. The kids who were playing merry-go-around ,see-saw looked at us and it looked like we were very amusing to them.We were too old to play any kiddie game and were too young for everything else. We both had learnt to manage our moms. We chose to sit on the swings and would swing ourselves high and when we were in air we would try to look around trying to find something interesting in the park. The couples coochi-cooing,the girl blushing and the guy holding the girl's hand in fear.All these would be seen when we were in air. We always loved to look at them and look at each other which would be followed by giggles.

During one of the party eve,I somehow got hold of a list which had some uncommon names on it and was not at all familiar.My mom caught me with the list and snatched the list from me within no time.Upon asking she said it was the names of the guests invited for the party.Little I knew what was it then so I completely trusted my mom.

After so many years,we have switched our roles. Now I lock my mom in the room till next morning when I host any weekend parties.Now I know the importance of proverbs and I tell my mom often that every dog has a day and my mom tries to remind me that I'm a human.Anyway,last week we hosted a party at home and the evening before I was making list of the necessary things. My mom was around and she was helping me with the list when by mistake she got hold of a list and started reading out 'Jack Daniel's,Johny Walker,Chivas...' and I stopped her and asked her to return the list unlike her.She did return but asked me innocently what was the list consisted of, to which I said 'Names of the guest invited for the party mom'. Just then dad folded the evening newspaper and I could see him smiling in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment