Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

Groom wanted from Mars

Last week I visited one of my colleagues as she was on leave due to illness. When I went to her house she looked better and spoke normally. Her parents had gone out and therefore we were at our best comfort level talking about anything on earth. When we were talking about her parents' look out for a match for her, she said " Oh , my mum is just not happy with ANY body. Looks like she cannot accept any man on earth as her son-in-law. So I gotta wait until I get some alien."

Just as she completed her parents walked in and she introduced me to them. While having coffee her mum asked me if I was married to which I said yes and she asked where was my hubby from. Keeping what my friend said in mind, I tried to gain her acceptance so I said without a delay " He's from Mars." and to convince her that was true I looked straight in her eyes smiling. She looked excited and said " Is that so? that's very nice to know. Even I feel it's better to get someone from there" and now she shifted her focus to uncle and said " right?". He looked pitiful and nodded his head vertically. Then she asked me another question " so what does he do in Mars?". I wasn't prepared for this neither my friend had told me what her mum liked. I looked around hoping to get an idea and just then uncle switched the channel to a sports channel. I said instantly " he plays cricket." Her mum looked even more excited " Wow,is it famous in Mars as well?"

I followed uncle's method but couldn't do it with perfection as I was not used to nodding my head.So I nodded my head once horizontally and then corrected by nodding vertically. Her mum first looked confused but then she didn't have time for clarification as her cell phone rang. I exhaled. No it's not any ad for Vicks.

For sometime, peace prevailed in the hall. All 3 of us were involved watching 20-20 but everyone knows that the good times don't last long. Her mum got back cribbing about the amount of work she had next week at office. While speaking, she was looking at me so I didn't have a choice but to constantly keep nodding my head in all directions. Ahhh! you all must know how much my neck pained when I got home that evening. She said she was responsible for everything that happened at work and men at work were just not worth being there. She had to take care of everything beginning from coffee machine till the tissue paper in the stack. I asked innocently " So aunty, are you in house keeping?" . She laughed sympathetically at my ignorance and made it clear that she was an admin. I had to nod my head again.

By then, my hubby's nephew called me to check if I was leaving as he had promised to pick me from my friend's house. He being just 3 year younger to my hubby he was next on the list for the look out at home and I told my friend about the same when we continued talking after I answered his call .Her mum heard me talking about him to her and for some reason sounded more interested in that. She started bombarding me with questions and the last one was " So dear, what kind of a girl are you all looking for?" .

I heard his bike roar outside the gate and as I walked to the door I said to her " Aunty actually we are looking for a girl from Venus." My friend winked at me as I sat on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment