Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

MAKTUB - It's written !

I could see couple of them waiting at the entrance to get into a cab to go to the parking lot as it was raining. The cab carrying me stopped at the entrance and people waiting outside got inside as we vacated. As I got out I noticed this friend of mine who was about to step ahead but stopped when he saw me walking towards him. Something said he was upset.

As we worked in different shifts, I was doing an early morning shift and he was doing an evening shift. He would generally leave office after 5 am and I would start working around 4am. I had reached office by 3:30 that morning and I was back after a week's sick leave.I was not in a great mood to get back to work. " Why are you leaving so early?" I asked him. " Signs are not all that good" he said coldly and I could see he was flooded with thoughts and I tried to read what was not spoken by him.

I stood there with him for a while looking at the rain drops. He spoke " I have a gut feeling that I'm not going to be in here for a long time now." He was assuming,I thought. Why would it happen to someone like him? and my heart refused to accept any such thing for a friend so close. He muttered couple of things which made sense but I still wouldn't accept it was going to happen.

I knew he was breaking inside and looked miserable. It was too much for me to withstand though I didn't think it was going to come true. Trying to be composed, he pulled my cheeks as always and said "Look at you, I can see your eyes now. Your cheeks don't look swollen,have you lost weight chubby?" . As he completed with the same mischievous smile he started to walk in the rain.

The very sight of watching him walk away lost in thoughts made me feel guilty. The survivors of nuclear explosions in Hiroshima and Nagasaki might have felt something like how I felt that day looking at him.This happened couple of months ago and it was raining again just like how it did the other day. I might of recalled it N number of times but today when I went home I was smiling for the first time when I thought about it. I knew it was a terrible thing to happen to anybody and I have felt bad but I didn't know how he felt that day.

I wanted to call him today to tell him that now I knew how he felt. But what would I get by reminding anybody of such moments???? Being very positive, I thought to myself " I'm truly a good friend. I'm sharing everything including the fate of the closest of my friend." I smiled as I thought. Now that's what I call Maktub !

In between,anybody wants a lite?....I'm just fired ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment