Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

A love story at midnight !


My phone rang around 11:30 in the night. Now-a-days 11:30pm is not too late to call but for me,who's now at home with a child, it is late for a phone call. Anyhow,when I looked at the display it showed the name of an old friend who would often call when she needed a change of topic or some juicy gossip.

I felt sad for her and answered the call. She felt tired but spoke in single breath " I've a lot of office work to complete but I'm sleepy. Wake me up somehow and chase my sleep away. I'm in for some spicy gossip." I tried saying I wasn't good at gossiping but she was not the one to listen to.

" There were two people who went for a dinner-date. The man was already married and so was the lady but this was a special night. They were in so much love ,just like they say 'head over heels'.He asked the lady whether she wanted to drive and She said she would love to walk hand-in-hand with the moon looking upon them.And so they did.

When they reached the hangout, they chose to sit away from the crowd where it was dimly lit. It was a special day for the  man as it was his lady's birthday and special for the lady too as the man took time off from his busy schedule to spend some time with her on a weekday.That's what the lady always liked, the way he made her feel special.

My friend interrupted ," Sounds very romantic but tell me one thing, was the man bored in his life and wife or was it his ex?". I replied " Ma'm would you like me to continue or want to investigate on the issue now?". She quickly said " No No,you continue."

" They spent some quiet,romantic moments holding hands,teasing each other while having food. She was surprised to see that the man still remembered what she liked so she  pointed it out to him. He leaned forward, you really think that's what we men do? Forget what our lady love likes over a period of time? Time is not a factor at all. If it was so, how could you be still so beautiful and do the same magic?. She kicked him gently under the table saying ' What are you trying to do? flirt with me?You are growing old ,why do you try these tricks?'.He laughed playfully and said " Really? women like old men, am I right? So are you trying to tell me that you are falling in love with me again ?"

" Their coochi-cooing continued till the end of the dinner. When they were waiting for the cheque, he pressed her hand gently while handing over a gift pack and said "Would you mind?" She smiled and tore opened the shiny red paper. Just as she opened,she let out a cry and looked at him with tears in her eyes " Geeeeees,this is the best gift I've ever received...." and she couldn't utter anything after that.He touched her wet cheeks and put his arms around her before they got up on their feet."

And I stopped but my friend was not done yet " Hey,tell me what was in there? and tell me who they are.Tell me,tell me tell me. I won't let go until you reveal that." I glanced at the wall clock and then said " Woman,you need to be grateful for telling you a story at midnight.  I'm sleepy and you just rejoice in gossip and not the story.Just enjoy the feeling" and I disconnected.

I moved the blanket and felt the copy of 'Pinch of Salt' wrapped in a shiny red paper,turned to my sleepy hubby,kissed him and said " Thank You dear." He opened his eyes,smiled and said " Happy b'day to my wife again before it strikes 12" !

No comments:

Post a Comment