Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

The Big - Fat Wedding :)

It's the story of Big and Fat who got married around 2 years ago ! As it's not a thriller let me tell you who this Big and Fat are now itself which may save you from all the pain of trying to figure out who they are.They are none other than My hubby (Big) and Me (Fat) :)

My hubby and I didn't have too many problems either when our wedding was being discussed at home or during wedding except for some ego clashes among our elders (which made it a conventional wedding and we were happy at least that way it did look like a conventional wedding.) I remember when Ed had come home to talk to my dad on a Sunday morning.He was very well prepared and it was shown on his face. He had a broad smile trying to hide his tension, he had his broken hand (he had met with an accident then) resting on his stomach and probably that might have helped him to manage the stomachful of butterflies. I'm sure he had rehearsed his answers for some of the common questions.After all why do we watch movies and make friends if not to get help during such instances?

As I served tea or coffee ( I don't remember what I did as I was watching Ed and trying to be his moral support), my dad was more interested in searching for an extra cup as tea was hot and was enjoying tea which he did every morning without fail. Ed was ready to utter all answers at the same time but was just waiting for my dad to say one word,even if it was "The tea is hot,isn't it?" and I'm sure he wold have started with his answers,looked liked dad was testing his patience.

Finally dad looked up and said " OK,so if you guys are sure,go ahead." Knowing my dad I smiled but Ed could not believe what he heard and he was so disappointed for not having been given a chance to say what he had practiced. My dad added " I guess both of you are off today,if you have any plans you can carry on." with that he got involved with sipping his tea and watching some James Bond movie. Ed and I laughed as we recollected this sitting in the registrar office on our wedding day waiting for the registrar to come. Ed said " Chellom, it was all so smooth and easy da.I thought I had to win a biiiiiiig fight to get wedded." That's how adventurous my hubby is.

Once all the procedures at the registrar office were followed,we got out for a photo session under the hot sun. My dad walked back and forth behind the photographer instructing the photographer and we all wondered when did he take interest in photography. You never know ...you can't believe old people you see.Their interest,passion,hobbies change all of a sudden...from photography to cookery. Thanks to Mr.Big B who made us all realise the inside story. When we all posed,my dad asked the photographer to include the board ,which stated the name of the registrar office and place. Then again as we continued posing he kept on repeating same thing to the photographer. There was this friend of Ed and mine,Sandy who couldn't stop himself from saying this to Ed later " Macha, your FIL was asking for the board so many times. I felt like asking the photographer to take a picture of him holding that board in his hands." That's dad,he would say/ask something unexpected every time and you would never know why.

I smiled as I recollected when I turned the leaves over in the wedding album. There was Ed standing next to me as a pillar and he still is. The next leaf brought up the pic where we were seated for the pooja organized by my parents for tying the knot in conventional way which we attended soon after the registration of wedding. I looked at the pic where he was tying the knot and the following shloka just crossed my mind;
" Tvameva Mata Cha Pita Tvameva
Tvameva Bandhuscha Sakha Tvameva
Tvameva Vidya Dravinam Tvameva
Tvameva Sarvam mama Deva Deva ".

No comments:

Post a Comment