Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 29, 2008

Anti-Societic(??!!) Elements !

When was the last time you were thrilled,happy,excited,skipped a heart beat and forgot to breath till you realized you couldn't keep your eyes open,etc at the same time??!!! I can take an easy guess...you want me to tell you now? Of course,it has happened very recently when ,for the very first time India won the series against Australia,a victory in the grounds of Sydney after 27 long years,so long that we had even forgotten we longed for it.

Do you remember what you spoke when you were watching the match or whom you spoke to? Did you care how you behaved while enjoying it? 'No' is the answer and I can bet anything.All you remember now is,the facts and the numbers of the match.Even if you are weak at multiplication (I meant,mathematics only),surprisingly you calculated how many overs/players were remaining and how many runs were required at a blink.It was such an anxious situation that someone diabetic forgot something and he had to discard it in a huge quantity at a stretch the very next moment after the match.(No offense meant to diabetic people,I'm sure you all are sweeter than rest of us).

So when something like this was going on,it was something similar at home with us (not the diabetic ones).Eddie (my hubby) and I were so involved watching this historic thing happening,we didn't remember what was bestowed on us.After the match when we came out of the house to hog something (obviously,neither of us were interested in cooking during the match and definitely were not in a mood to cook after the match),our neighbours looked at us as we were some obnoxious elements of the colony. At first we never understood neither did we care,the victory was still lingering in our hearts,ears,eyes,mind and all over.

After couple of days,I realized all of a sudden what we spoke(shouted) while watching the match,though that could not be the reason for the kind of looks we got ,just want a second opinion from you guys so some of lines what we spoke during the match are quoted below .

"Oh no,oh no..c'mon...yes!"
"There it is.You got it baby" --------(Looking at the player).
"I can't see the ball,let me move closer." (I was referring to the TV when I wanted to move closer due to my eye sight issues).

"What a catch. Ohh ,that's awesome."
"How many balls remaining now?........ oh, look at that, just missed."
"Sooooooooo beautiful,yes baby you can do better.C'mon".

and the best thing was, "Great,what a shot !!!!!!!!! "

We haven't spoken anything non-societic,have we? So I just confirmed by recollecting what we spoke. This is what I could recollect,I'm sure we haven't troubled our neighbours to get that look.It was only some periodic screams but we made sure our TV volume was low.Even Thunder was quiet,after all he was also watching the match !

So what has cricket done to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment