Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

March 17, 2014

Trust me,it's never casual !!!!

Are we happy with the portrayal of strong women characters the way it's been done? 

It bothers me the way it's done. If a woman is powerful she needs to be Man-ish, she should wear pant suits or trousers, she should smoke,she should use men the way ambitious men do with women, and should be sexually aggressive & intimidating. Really? They literally transform women into the way ambitious men are pictured in the movies to show she's out there too? What rubbish !

Movies are so misguiding when it comes to defining a woman with power or one with ambition. The young girls are so consumed with that kind of an impression that they have a notion they are or become like the ones shown on the screen if they use swear words or start smoking. And don't get me started on sex.....I mean really?

Trust me,it's never casual. I have every reason to believe that women make love with their hearts if their mind is seduced and it can never ever be casual. I'm sure most of the women agree with me if I said that they take that bonding to grave. But does that mean that women with feelings are not ambitious or powerful? Why is 'Amma' not sexually active? Isn't she one of the most powerful woman? Casually or no strings attached are not women thing and it's not a weakness for god sake!

Women clad in sarees or wearing salwar kameez and kurtas are always shown as meek, homely characters or rather push overs. I mean really? So if a woman looks traditional, does she have to give up the right to grab her man for a kiss and wait until he makes the first move? Do you have to be in a western wear or a more revealing outfit before you uncover your feelings? Thanks to movies, it does look like a prerequisite. But sorry movie makers, my shopping cart is empty and your blueprint is not the ideal one for me or for most women.

On the other hand, people say that a Lakshmi is born when a baby girl takes birth  and I ask why? If it's a baby boy, do you say Vishnu is born? Rama is Born? Shiva is born? NO. But if it's a girl why should she always be a form of goddess that they worship? Are you consoling yourself over the birth of a girl, is it like a consolation price? Trying to hide your disappointment? How about not throwing any title at her and just refrain from setting certain bars for her to meet? Just let her be born and be that girl.  

Someday I wish to see more Medhas, Sushmas and Kalpanas just the way they are and not sexed up or glamorized. Except for their innate quality nothing else should be a selling point and make our young girls like them for the way they have been. I hope someday movies will be made where characterization of a woman is more sensible and really really strong inspite of being feminine and subtle.


No comments:

Post a Comment