Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

March 18, 2014

The masters who know what Moms need to do !!!!!

Some people master the art of getting on people's nerves very well. The mastering quality is directly proportional to the sadist inside them I believe. 

You know it becomes so difficult to enjoy anything without thinking about your kid even once as it is and to top it all, there are people who constantly make you feel guilty for doing something that makes you happy. It's like if you are a mom then having fun or being happy for your own reasons is like a sin. It's like a rule that your actions and happiness should depend solely on your child once you become a mom.

A couple of years ago, we went to a wedding on a week day morning after sending our son to school. One of our friends who was also there asked me where my son was? I told him that he was at school and he couldn't believe that we didn't take our then 3 year old son to a wedding! I failed to understand the holistic point behind it. Sometimes I wonder how other people (including men) know so much about what a mom needs to do 'to and with' her child than the one who carried it in the womb and been looking after since then !!!!!!

'You went out with your friends leaving behind your son and hubby at home? Ohhh wow, good yaar!' ( Yeah, well ok, thanks).
' You guys go to movies on weekdays after sending your son to school? Oh my, great yaar.' ( Really? great? then why don't I believe you?')
' You bought a dress? So what did you buy for your son?' ( Is nothing an option?)
' You were sick so who was cooking and feeding your son and hubby?' ( I believe it was you!!!!)
' Oh my god, you have been playing for this long, do you remember your son needs to have lunch when he gets back home?' ( Really????? I had no clue all these years!)

Other than my husband, I don't remember anyone asking me   " How was your day out? Refreshing? Had some fun? I'm glad you did." If not all of it atleast some??!! Too much to ask for????? Or just don't say anything , that will help too :-) Next time some one comes up with anything other than what I expect them to say, I just want to say that it takes a lot of effort for me to stop myself from punching your nose or kicking your nuts ( depending on who says it) and the day I'm not in mood for too much of hard work then.....God alone should save you !

Believe me,there are some people who say " Will you please babysit my baby?" and my answer is NO. I don't know your baby's mood,pulse anything. How can I do that? I have just enough work to do with my own. Hire someone to do the job or opt for a day-care. " Oh my gawd, even after having your own, you don't want to babysit other babies?" is generally the look on the face of people. But let me ask you something....' have you asked me to hubby-sit? I have been married for 9 years now. I would know how to do it, wouldn't I?' is going to be my answer if someone spits out the words ! I'm waiting..............really .

No comments:

Post a Comment