Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

March 16, 2014

Holi Hai....!

Holi - an ensemble of colors. It synonyms with many a feelings too. Fun, Joy, Celebrations, Trouble (?), Many sachets of shampoo etc. Holi brings back memories or I can say takes me back to the days painted in colors and etched in my memory.

A small town celebration is always a joyful experience. As little kids you don't have much to do but be a part of everything. Since every region celebrates Holi in a similar manner but for different reasons, back home it was the demise of Kama/Madana/Manmatha and bringing him back to life later on the last day of Holi.


My sister and I (barring my first two elder sisters) were always in the high spirits when it was time for playing with colors. We would barge into every house forcibly just to throw colors on the women who would try to hide inside. We both have done some high degree acrobats while jumping across the gates and in & out of windows. It was all great fun.

I guess bigger place has its disadvantage and it dilutes the spirit usually. I haven't played Holi like that again, though did play some during my hostel days and later couple of years ago at my sister's place but it was all very much confined where as the festival demands you to breakfree. 


Holi is never complete without Bachchan Saab's 'Rang Barse Bheegi Chunarwali' song. There may be 100 odd new songs but nothing sets the groove like this one does. Given a choice between bhaang and this song, I would choose the latter as the kick you get out of this one is forever :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment