Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

March 13, 2014

I'm neither and hence I evolve !

Why do people want to be religious as against being spiritual? I'm neither and that helps me evolve but I'm not saying that's right since I have come to believe that there's no right and wrong. But certain things should be opposed, don't you think?

I read it in a book that a remote village in Afghanistan is bifurcated geographically and unequally. All the women stay on one side which is much smaller and all the men are allowed to wander on the other bigger side of the village except where women are put up.It's the kind of discrimination which is not mentioned anywhere in the religion but followed religiously by all the people of that village so much so that the homosexuality is on the rise !

I read a story somewhere which says how blindly we follow the traditions when we are not even aware of the reason why it came to exist. Let me try to summarize the story here; 
Once upon a time there was a Pandit who was into performing all kinds of rituals at home. He had sheltered a lamb and every time he sat down for some ceremony that lamb used to be all over the place disturbing the rituals. Therefore he began to tie the lamb to a pole somewhere around the corner of his house and then would he sit down to carry on with his duties. 
His responsibilities and duties were passed on to his next generation and then to the next one and then to the next one and so on. Then there was a time when the family didn't shelter a lamb. When it was time to perform the rituals the younger Pandit made sure to have a lamb at home. He borrowed it from his neighbor ,tied it to the pole and only then he sat down to begin the rituals !!!!!

So if that's how all the traditions came to exist for a reason which is obsolete now, why do we follow it so blindly in the name of religion and look like fools?  Some temples have dress codes, some are gender specific, some are religion specific and here I am seeking peace with all the conditions applied. I would never even stand in a line to get a glimpse of an Idol which in its innate form is a stone or a metal and cannot respond. Whomever I want to see resides right inside me and hence I'm not a devotee but a lover. I might have been in love with Shiva since before I remember and I don't need to go to any temple to see him. On the other hand, would wait for an eternity to unite with the one I love. Rumi gives me that confidence. 

My husband loves Tirupathi and here's why. Everytime any of his friend's parents went to Tirupati leaving the house in the much capable hands of these guys, they seem to have had wonderful time doing all that the Balaji wouldn't approve of ;-) He's even visited Tirupati once as he was indebted to Balaji for all the opportunities bestowed upon him :-p Hehehehee, it was his tribute to Balaji, vis-a-vis Tirupati. Since I have no such reasons, I'm happy not visiting any of those.

As Rumi says ' There's a field beyond right -doing and wrong -doing and I will meet you there ...........Eesha!'

No comments:

Post a Comment