Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

March 07, 2014

That's the audacity of hope, I believe !

Breaking the tradition is the moral of the story in everyone's life just like it is in the movie Brave and I guess that's why I like it more and more ( my good old friend will agree with me ,won't you babe?)   

Princess Merida says that one's destiny is tied to the land but I say it's tied to people you choose to have in your life. And I agree what comes next, ' Our fate lives within us and we only have to be brave enough to see it'. I'm never tired of watching brave. It's a joy watching a girl so unruly, stubborn, carefree and breaksfree too. Ohhh I miss that girl! We all have that girl in us ,don't we? But we try hard not be like that as our tradition doesn't allow us to be one like that. A lady-like behavior is a must, perhaps?? 

Obama says in his book, 'The audacity of Hope' that every man either tries to live his father's dream or lives to correct it'. Well that sounds beautiful and I guess every man finds a hero in his father, so I guess it makes sense. But when it comes to mothers they are Lady, Muse, Inspiration, Beauty etc except heroes. Really? Now that's the audacity of hope I believe !!!! 

I refuse to be anything less than a hero. I'm not competing with men or anybody and I don't believe in that. My conflict is not with men but with traditions or what happens to women in that name. Does that mean I'm not traditional? I am when I want to be. I'm traditional and hence I choose paper books as against e-books ( environmentalists will be  after me for saying this), I'm traditional and hence I prefer home cooked meals to processed food. I'm traditional in many ways than one but I want my freedom too.

I remember once someone commented about me being over-weight and I said "I'm not over weight ,I just have traditional built " ;-)  
Well, 'Happy Women's Day' to all the women and live life as if everyday is your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment