Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

March 01, 2014

Charles Darwin knows nothing ...!

So much for alternate schooling ! Schooling itself is so overrated, don't you agree? It's the biggest decision parents have to make for their kids. We often want nothing less than the best for our kids and constantly feel the pressure of doing things right. Now that I'm out of that phase I can easily say " Take a break folks" ! 

A friend of mine who's inclined to alternate schooling says ,
" It's a wonderful concept. You learn not to compete, not be bound by or to anything, just be what you are and take just one step at a time."
Sounds magical to me but I'm still confused,after all I attended ordinary school and therefore my comprehending skills are very poor. But I wonder if Charles Darwin attended similar school like most of us because one of his most elementary theories says " Struggle for Existence and Survival of the fittest."  Poor Darwin didn't know there could be a way to survive without fighting or competing. I guess this friend of mine can enlighten poor souls like Darwin and us !!!!!

You know, I love greenery. When I was a kid, our play ground were designed on tall trees and green grass land ( it was natural and not made up). I love pottery, spacious houses in the suburb with a little garden and no electronic gadgets including phones and TV. Playing in the mud and sand was like Disney land.  But trust me all that looked so lucrative and overwhelming because I went to a regular school. It was a big break from the routine. Even now I love to go to a remote place and keep away from all the materialistic life here but guess what,not for long !!! I love all that if it's for a change with a short shelf life. And if I want my son to learn all that I will take vacations with him to show him the places, if he's interested in pottery , he will enroll for the classes but that cannot be all for him. There's much more to it and I would want him to make the choice when he's ready for the race. I want him to be as ordinary as I have been but achieve something extraordinary.

For me school is only 20% of your entire life. Since I know a little mathematics I can say that other 80% is larger part of your life (I learnt that much mathematics in ordinary schools). I just want my child to be aware of the competition and hard work so that when it's his turn he doesn't feel pressurized into giving up. Giving-up is a choice I want him to make despite being skilled for it than be left with no choice but stay out.


No comments:

Post a Comment