Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

December 29, 2008

My first cake baking experience !

" So did you finalize on the recipe? " my hubby asked me 2 days before Christmas.I said "Every recipe here seems to me like I have never tried any of these ingredients even once before.But...wait except for this."I pointed at one of the ingredients in the list which said 'RUM'.He smiled and said " I guess you were Irish in your last life".

Finally,we decided on the recipe,bought all the necessary stuff that day.Next day I soaked all the nuts and cherries in rum till late evening and started making it around 10 in the night hoping to have it ready by 12am before we wished 'Merry Christmas'.

We were using the new Oven and we were making cake for the first time.What happened to the old Oven?????By the way,when we bought that one in Dec'05,the sales guy said we could heat anything and therefore we used it as a room heater for almost 2 winters but in vain.We also used it for drying our kitten after giving a bath.When we took it out,it had a new look.After it refused to work,we decided to pick a new and bigger one (as we have a biiiig dog now to dry ).

Let's get back to baking a cake.When we smelt something was burning,we opened the Oven door and found cake was ready and hot.It was creamier and had some black spots indicating over baked around some portions of it.We decided to remove that later and kept it for cooling till 12.When the clock struck 12,we ran into the kitchen and hurriedly picked a knife,wishing each other we cut the cake....!!!! Alas,it looked totally different.My hubby looked at me and said " Chells,what did you add to the mixture?". I said "...hmmm,Charcoal...!!!??"

We tried to get it right for couple of times but in vain.Then we took the mixture to my in-laws place and baked using their Oven to get it in proper form and finally we did.Now we are using our Oven to dry clothes and our dog.

2 comments:

  1. ashtu kharabagitta? hmmm try try try until you seceed alva!Im sure itd have been good anyway..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yakhelitheeya.It happened twice before we got it right.Anyway,hardwork paid off,ppl who tasted called me to compliment :)

    ReplyDelete