Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

December 06, 2008

Make hay when milkman comes ! - 2

Contd..........

The Milkman pulled over,turned back and started walking to us with his hand inside his pants(pocket).I asked my hubby " Ed,why does he have his hand inside,he's a milkman,rite?" ."Exactly and that's why..." my hubby answered.I looked at him and tried to whisper I was scared he might pull out a weapon and that was my actual question but by then milkman got close to us pulling out a cellphone.I exhaled and pulled the blanket over my head.

He looked at us and asked " are you guys terrorists? why are you following that man?" He pointed at an officer in navy uniform.We never knew we were following that officer,so I felt irritated while my hubby was happy that a common man was being cautious.I was more scared now at the mention of terrorists and of the media hype.In case of media,it's like smoke spreads even before the fire breaks.By the time the thought crossed my mind, I could hear someone saying "The milkman has alerted the city about the two terrorists who were following a navy officer....."
I realized the media had already gathered around the milkman.My hubby quickly pulled our blankets down and stood among them looking at the milkman.He looked confused by the questions media was asking him.Now he couldn't identify the two people whom he thought was terrorists.When he looked at us,I exhaled again and made my belly look bigger than the baby inside me.Looking at the expectant mother,media focused all the attention to get some emotional news.
Some of the questions they asked me were as below,
"So ma'am,did you happen to see anybody?"
" It must be really shocking to see them first thing in the morning for you,do you think it will harm the baby inside?"
"Is this your first time....I mean to witness a terrorist in real?"
"What do you think they were doing here?"
"Did they harm the Navy officer walking by?"
"Do you think the Govt. is responsible for the health of an expectant mother who is horrified by the sight of them?"
"Do you agree that our CM,dy CM and Home Minister should resign from the respective positions"
"Would you be able to make it for our candle protest this evening in front of Vidhanasoudha?"
..................................................................
And then I heard one of them saying,
"A brave expectant mother and her hubby along with the milkman spotted out two terrorists...."
The moment each one started posing before their cameras to send messages to the corresponding news channels we escaped from the hostage condition and didn't forget to pick our blankets before getting into a rickshaw to reach the place where we parked our pulsar.By the time we reached home and turned on the TV,there was another couple ,again an expectant mother and a man with her,being questioned by the media.Some of them were asking the milkman(who was still there) if found out anything unusual.
We switched off the TV and decided to use our cooking gas and butterfly Stove at the fireplace we might have when the baby came or use an Oven to say fireplace was advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment