Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

August 31, 2013

I had a rainbow in my eyes and it was yellow in color !!!!!

One evening after school, I was walking back home with my sister when the hell broke loose and started to pour like it never would stop. We took refuge under the pseudo roof of a footwear shop on the busy market street. My teenage sister and her friends continued their deep thoughtful discussion about things that I don't remember now but sure remember it was hard for me to break the riddled conversation and hence I kept myself busy looking at the things that were easy to comprehend at the age of 8.


 I glanced at the shop once, like I was, at everything else to find something interesting to keep myself occupied.That's when I looked at the yellow shoes collection and once I set my eyes on them it was nearly impossible for me to undo the feeling I developed. On that one non-uniform day in the week (color dress day) I used to wear flat rubber sandals to school and to add to the glory, while walking, it would splash rainy water every single time. I was so mesmerized looking at the shoes. 


"Pick me Pick me Pick me Pick me..."

 They were looking back at me like they wanted me to take them home or atleast A PAIR of them! I didn't realize that it had stopped raining and my sister was pulling my arm to get going. Since I didn't have a choice I started walking home with her but left a piece of my heart behind. I had a rainbow in my eyes and it was yellow in color !!!!! I don't have to tell you what I dreamed that night or do I?  Everything looked so yellow that I wouldn't have minded having jaundice :-D.



   Later that week I came home with a broken rubber sandal and kept it in full view and the following Sunday my mom took me out for footwear shopping ( It's always easy to catch the fish when you have a good catch, ain't it? ). But she made it a point to tell me that she would also get the broken one fixed and I would have the luxury of using that one besides the new one she was going to buy for me. I heard nothing except " I will buy the lovely yellow shoe that you have been fancying " ,so I said yes to everything she had or might have said.


The moment we stepped in to the same showroom my heart either stopped beating or started pounding inside my head and I thought it was going to explode. (Stopped or started pounding, I don't remember exactly. So it's highly debatable). The shop keeper was going on telling my mom about the wide range of new collection of shoes for the little girls. I set my eyes so intensely on a pair of cute little yellow shoes that they were popping out of my eye socket. I had to close my eyes to stop them from falling out. Once I closed my eyes I was dreaming about wearing the new shoes but not walking around .....because I was floating and drifting off to the entire new world of yellow rainbows !!!!!!


I opened my eyes to " Ok, let's go now" . I looked at the bag my mom was holding and was about to go gaga over the deed she had done for me but my mom held my hand and started walking back home. I was racing in my mind to reach home while trying to walk slow. I didn't want to upset mom ,my dear mom, who had just picked my favorite yellow shoes. When we reached home my sister looked at me with a smile and asked my mom " So,it's in yellow just as she liked?". And my mom nodded her head,patted my back affectionately and handed the bag to  me while getting inside. That's it, couldn't have waited any longer. It somehow looked like an eternity when I was struggling to open the box in the bag with my trembling hands. I took it out.....and I don't remember anything after that,so I guess that's when I skipped a heart beat or were there too many ?


Later that night  while having dinner my dad asked me if I liked the new footwear and before I could say anything my sister blurted " Did she? Oh dad ,she ofcourse did. The moment she took them out she was speechless for a long time and I really had to shake her hard to bring her back" and then she looked at me adding " You are welcome, I told mom how you were staring at those little yellow ones and now, you have them " !!!!!!!


P.S : Below is the image which came very close to the ones my mom bought for me under the able guidance of my sister :-o 

They turned my dream into a colorless rainbow !






No comments:

Post a Comment