Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 08, 2010

Nanjanagoodu Trip - 1

As always happens(atleast with us)our well planned program didn't yield a good output.I had told a hundred people about our Nanjanagoodu-trip and was looking for the best excuse when we woke up that morning we were supposed to have left.

We were supposed to have left by 5:30am as per the plan and we woke up only by 6:30am with great difficulty.Eddie asked me if we were not going and I looked at him trying to say something with half opened eyes but that itself must have given a strong message that he shook me off in order to wake me up (like that would help!). He started in a tone which he might have gotten used to while playing a manager at work counseling his reportee. If not that what else can scare me off.....he knows me too well,hence I got dressed with in 15mins (I remember,one of my manager's,say Paul, used to make us wait for hours together with his post-shift meetings during the wee hours).

I guess we were meant to visit the temple otherwise how else would you explain a series of continuous events that took place in the favor of 3 of us. We hadn't interacted much with a Malayalee family in our neighborhood reason being,they could not follow what I was speaking ( I cannot put on a Malayalee accent even if I make 100 attempts....(sigh)) and I could not differentiate between many of the languages they tried to speak (Malayalam,Tamil,Kannada and English.....should have tried Hindi but it never occurred to me).When we got off the house to go to the nearest bus-stop
(Uh,first stop was at no where less than 2kms) the Malayalee couple were ready to go to work and were getting into their car when the man looked at us and said something we couldn't follow....owing to obligation we both gave a broad smile.I guess he was happy we smiled at his super joke of the morning and offered a lift.Again,obligation...so we took it :-) Once we were inside I could understand whatever they were speaking and was able to respond well. I was happy about my communication and listening skills (after all that was my work ;-)).

Once we got off I told Eddie how proud I was of myself to understand Malayalam though I knew pea nuts about it.He laughed and said the couple were speaking in English.I guess that man was really able to crack a joke.Well,good for him!
Within no time we got into a Volvo to reach bus-station to go to Mysore. Once we reached KSRTC bus-station we went looking for a custom-made bus for Ed (I mean,not the bus but the seats/space in the bus).When we got into one of the Volvos it was already packed with people and we had to take a backseat which kept other passengers wondering that why were taking a backseat when we looked married and already was carrying a kid.No kidding !

Soon after we got off in Mysore a not-so-custom-made but was waiting for us like we had booked it in advance.Nanjanagoodu is a religious place which is 21km from Mysore,so without a second thought we got in and reached the place.

Rest....???? Next !!!!!

P.S : No offense to Malayalees or the language,it is about this one family.

1 comment:

  1. Sensing the belief in some super natural power...

    ReplyDelete