Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 11, 2014

Haunted and rendered sleepless .

Horror movies are a forbidden genre for me, a very big NO-NO and whenever I have tried to be brave I had to bear the brunt of my bravery for couple of weeks before I could fall asleep effortlessly and peacefully in the night. Now and then , for no reason, I put myself through it. My recent adventure was "Ragini MMS2'. When I watched this movie with my husband , I knew what would be in store for me for couple of days, Sunny didn't help neither did Sandhya Mridul....by the way what a waste !!!!!!

Surprisingly I got over it within no time but at that point of time I didn't know something else would haunt me for a long long time. I ignored all the signs and ended up watching 'Lakshmi', yeah that was the biggest mistake so far ! It's a gut-wrenching movie ,believe me and ignore no signs if this is in your bucket list. 


I have read reviews where people have compared this with ''Mandi' but watching this one is a tormenting experience by many folds than Mandi. Mandi was a sarcastic approach and undoubtedly one of the master pieces of Shyam Benegal . On the other hand, Laksmi is a plain horror that tears your soul apart. It's definitely more intense and agonizing journey. 

Now I feel silly to have got scared for watching movies that shows action after death. What's more haunting is the life of some people and to them, death is greener and inviting. A 14 year old girl, going through the terrorizing life events taking away her innocence and fragility along with the hope of a better future. I will never forgive you Nagesh Kukunoor for taking away my peace and leaving me to deal with my sleepless nights. 

But the question really is , are we being human?

No comments:

Post a Comment