Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

November 27, 2013

The Prodigal Sons :-)

It was almost time when he reached the hang out and he saw another man already sitting by the balcony smoking chillum. The man with the chillum was dressed modestly and looked lost in his thoughts but shook his head just as he realized there's some one else in the balcony. There was a man in white robe with a lot of facial hair and he took a few steps towards the man with chillum and sat down facing him. They shook hands with each other smiling. 

The Chillum Man : " Would you like a drag?"
The white Robe Man : (Smiles mischievously) " No Mr. Stone, I have got mine right here! "
He takes out a pet bottle of wine from under his robe and asks the other man,
" Would you like some of this?"
The Chillum Man : " Ha Ha, I'm not fond of blood (winks)."
The man in the robe takes a sip and smiles.


Neither of them speak for a while and then breaking the silence, the chillum man speaks,
" Nothing has changed, don't you think? There was a victim complaining about people who were right there at the time of attack and did nothing to help."
The man in the robe nodded in agreement and spoke " I think so too. It's same everywhere irrespective of the times. When I was being punished for no reason, there was a huge crowd gathered around to see what was happening to me but no one came forward to stop though, in their heart, they knew what was going on was not right. When I said 'forgive them as they don't know what they are doing' ,it wasn't meant to be for those who punished me but they twisted my words !"
The man with the chillum squeezed his hand gently before saying " I'm amazed that you continue to help them get better. You have a kind heart my dear."

The man in the robe smiled kindly and said " I heard about the tragic end of the people when they were on pilgrimage. That was very very sad. What went wrong?"
The chillum man looked very disappointed when he said " You know, you tell everyone there's a God within each one of you and 'Har Har Mahadev' are not just words but a message. and who do you think cares? It doesn't take a God to tell them about the nature of land.They were told not to build anything anywhere in that place. Once you let superstition take over you, idol worship is at the top of the list and the reason is lost. It's not just now, I told them not to build a memorial ground when thousands of Asuras were killed.It was not morally right but who would listen? That's how assi ghat came into existence, just against my wishes. It still glorifies the blasphemy and reminds me of the blunder I allowed."
He shrugged and looked sideways. The man in the robe came forward and hugged him. " But you are truly a man of honor. You still continue to protect them. " 


They released each other and looked at their beloveds resting at the foot of the old fort. The chillum man said " Where's this other guy? why hasn't he showed up?"
The man in robe " Well, you know he's been framed by his own followers and I guess he's been working really hard to clear his name. Poor him,he's been badly betrayed by his own people though they say they are doing all these in his honor."
The Chillum man " Yeah I guess he beats both of us. His devotees have done more than what happened to us. You know they say 'A friend in need is a friend in deed', what say? "

Both the men got out of the old fort and just as they started walking their beloveds, a lamb and a bull followed them.



No comments:

Post a Comment