Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

November 15, 2013

Being a woman is my privilege.

When I was a little girl I would hate Disney movies or any movie that portrayed princesses(read women) as characters meant to wait for a certain prince charming to sweep them off their feet. It always made me feel like a weaker sex and I didn't want to be one. Why would I want to wait for a prince charming to be happy or to live happily ever after????!!!!

Well, I guess the grown-up inside me has slightly changed now ! Though I still don't believe that waiting for the prince charming is the only thing that girls do in their lifetime, my theory has evolved over the years. Being a feminist is not anti-men, atleast not for me. You say you favor women but you evaluate her against what men have done over the years. Is that what I want to do too? It's not about what I want to tell my son or daughter,it's something I need to understand first.

I don't want to be measured against men. I do things differently and there's no comparison. I never want to say things like 'I can do the same thing as you, so I'm an equal'. Why would I want to be equal to men? They are not the benchmark and I strongly believe there IS no such benchmark for both girls and boys. All I want to tell my kids is ' Being independent is a polished word for being selfish. Be there for each other and don't let your ego overrule your relationships. It's not about what one can do but it's about what one can do FOR the other.' I would never mind waiting for a prince charming !


When in a relationship, I want to keep that difference that I am the woman and he's the man. I may not knit for you but I would wait until after midnight to have a meal with you, I would like to hear you say the magical three words, I would want to get pampered and feel special and I would wait for the touch that makes me tremble with excitement  because I am a woman and I like that. Being a woman is not a clause to set out on a journey to prove anything to anyone but it's my privilege.  

Men and women cannot replace each other ,if they did it wouldn't feel the same !!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment