Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

April 05, 2016

In the name of the father - A Eulogy!

I think I was 10 or 11 when I first saw him. His black curly hair swayed to the tunes of breeze while his eyes emitted kindness. He smiled always against the backdrop of thick mustache and beard. He was the most chivalrous and ruggedly handsome man I had ever seen with an old fashioned charm. He could disarm anyone with his mannerisms.

 I'm sure he could have been anything he wanted but he chose the path of God. A man with the aura of an angel but looks of a ruffian, was always seen getting his hands dirty unlike men of his stature. He personified the saying 'work is worship'. In his old pair of blue jeans and a tee, he would go about his laborious work from, carrying and laying bricks to, cementing it with his own hands. I can proudly say that he built my school.

I remember vividly, holding his fingers and walking all around jumping and hopping. He would always spend tremendous amount of time playing with all of us and knew the names of each kid by heart. What drew us closer to him is not very clear but I'm taking a guess now, I think it's because he was so unconventional and very humane. He was every inch human as opposed to any Godmen. He reciprocated our feelings, he took sides as against the so called impartial ones, he became one of us within no time. 

I have a lot of memories of him of which, not even one unpleasant. I don't remember him in his white robe much and I think it's because he preferred to serve God by doing his duties than praying with in the enclosed walls. He took interest in carving and molding us into fine citizens than making us memorize the verses from any holy book. Since couple of years I had this urge to look him up but due to various reasons I kept on pushing the thought to the back of my mind and today, I kick myself for doing so. 

Father Chasara, our beloved visionary man from my school, is no more today but I know for a fact that he will always live in our hearts no matter how many Godmen may come and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment