Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

August 14, 2014

My city is a perfect blend of filter coffee.

' It's not what it looks like' applies to the city very well. It has everything in it and becomes that which every person wants to see. It's the kind of cocktail that everyone wishes to get a high on and they all have their own recipe for it. It lives up to every one's expectations , that's my city Namma Bengalooru !



During my childhood days the city was my summer home. My grandma lived here which made me feel like this city hosted the entire world to me and back then I hadn't even explored the city but it didn't stop me from falling in love with it. The most exciting thing for me those days were these little trips we took in Double Decker buses visiting all the relatives residing in the city. Those were the 'painting-the-town-red' kind of moments that I will never forget. Co-incidentally that's what my husband misses too now !!!! Having born and brought up here in Bangalore, he has always loved those red Double Decker buses and we find solace in each other's words :-) 

There are things that are same even now like 'Tindi Beedi' which means more to us than any Burgers, Bucket chicken or Pizza outlets. None of these even put together can wipe out an entire street like that. Only thing that has changed about that place is 'the price per plate' but I'm not complaining, everybody has to make a living, isn't it?

My city is like Ravana but only with more heads than he ever had. It has all the 'navarasas' and more. It has its ugly side too but even an atom has positive and negative charges in it and isn't that the factor responsible for the stability ??? This city is like an elastic womb that keeps expanding in order to make more and more space to accommodate everyone who wants to be here. This is my city, the city that never sleeps, that never stops growing and that which is not black and white. 

Physics says ' Energy cannot be destroyed however it can be transformed from one form to another' (Sheldon will be proud of me) and I say the same thing about my city too. It's never gone, it just keeps changing from being a city to a Capital city, Silicon City and a Metro city.It's like a perfect blend of coffee where we have our local flavor but are not afraid to turn global when the time calls. I just want to say one more thing ' People,stop complaining how crowded the place is or how chaotic the traffic is. If it was not for us flocking up here,the city wouldn't have had its cherry popped!' 

It is and will always be my city with my favorite boiled beans and a hot cup of filter coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment