Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

October 02, 2010

I'm flying kites ! :-)

I bet we cannot explain everything we feel,reading ' The Kite Runner' was one of those things. It was a lovely feeling,I wanted to kiss Khaled on the back of his palm and say what a good job he had done ! It touched my heart and I felt emotional more than I thought I would.

The novel reflects so many aspects of life and it ends with a real positive note though it was a fiction.I heard SRK saying  '...Agar theek na ho to woh 'the end' nahin hai dosto, picture abhi baaki hai' in my head.

I loved 'Hassan' from the beginning. I know it's a fictional character but as one says 'art imitates life' it has to be inspired by someone from the authors life,I believe. How could someone be so pure at heart and yet strong like a rock...! I felt jealous of Amir (his friend and narrator of the story in the book) for having a friend like him,I felt jealous of his mother for having a son like him,I felt jealous of his son for having a father like him !!!! Why do I get so involved with a book...kinda hard to say :-)

 From making a mistake and feeling guilty all along the life to gaining confidence to overcome the weakness and standing up for the self and people,was indeed, a great journey and well portrayed by Mr.Hosseini.My next mission is to watch this on screen :-)

5 comments:

  1. Yes Pakhi, I loved the book too. It is a wonderful read. It is really touching to see some instances where the guilty one suffers so much more than the one who actually went through the suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweety, I remember your love affair with that character from a Sydney Sheldon movie...Reese or something? you even imagined a cathedral for your wedding venue The best thing, you did have a gorgeous one with E....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shilpa : Pali,it's sooooooooo surprising that you still remember my love affair with Rhys/Reese Williams and what I dreamt about him.Incidentally,I was teling Eddie about it last evening(a 100th time) and I told him I wanted him to read that book :-).Now he just might !
    @ Manasa: Yes Pachchu,very true :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hai, I just loved this book, even the motion picture with the same name is also very good. I think you should also read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" from the same author, our view of Afghanistan will change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure will watch the movie Vivek and I do have the other book too,will let you know my views once I'm done with that.WHat you said is correct,it did change my thoughts about Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete