Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

May 07, 2014

What's in a gift?

Everyone likes presents, isn't it? It's not that people like to receive presents because they are free( please second me) but the emotion behind it. You feel cared, loved and remembered. I love it even more if it's from an old friend which assures you that you still are the same to them. It's beyond any emotion describable if it's hand made as it says it all. I love the handmade ones better than any expensive ones bought readily !

Back in college when all of us were broke everyday,we made it a point to save a little every month to buy b'day gifts with the money we pooled in. The efforts always mattered more than the ones wrapped up neatly. And now that we have easy money and convenient ways of shopping with varieties of items to confuse us enough, it hardly makes one feel special. We just don't have time or mood to pick up another task. But when someone does spend time and effort to make a gift , it does make it more special. Am I wrong? 

Handmade gifts always hold special place in my heart like these handmade cards, candles, book marks, paintings and any crafty thing. It doesn't have to look perfect but it does make the moment so perfect to savor forever. Before I got married, Eddie being my very very good friend knew that I always bought used books and he also knew I loved Harry Potter series. So he went around from one street to another just to buy all the volumes of HP series. Since all the books were not available with one particular vendor he really had to go around all day to buy me the entire series. The amount of trouble he took to make me happy did make me feel very very special !

I guess if you are not sure what to present, it's better to buy flowers than choosing expensive gifts. It doesn't come a long way if you are into buying extravagant articles. A friend of mine bought me a book (upon asking) on babies when I was expecting and I still have his customer's copy of the bank receipt which I happened to find inside the book. I find joy in preserving the little things and I'm sure most of the women are my type. It's not what you give but what you do, to get that,for your loved ones that matters more. Anyone agrees with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment