Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

February 26, 2014

Don't run with your leg, run with your mind !

You know how people say that they carry the burden on their shoulders?! Well, I have been carrying it too but not only on my shoulders but all over my body which made it so impossible for me to even dream about running. But that day something changed  inside me when my weight switched places and I said yes to running. 

When I stood among all those women who looked not too different than my own self, I realized how I had been wrong. He said " I'm glad I saved all the good looking ones to the last" and the girls screamed with joy but I told myself " Don't take it so personally!" Again I was wrong. Their positive approach was so contagious, I could hardly keep away. 

I'm not motored on impulse, may be spontaneous but never impulse for sure. But this was an impulse decision that I'm not going to regret for the rest of my life. I surprised my husband too. He had thought I was going to complete marathon walking just like last year. His face lit up when he saw me running and I knew that I had done the right thing.

It was time for introspection and I had 3km to complete. I questioned myself how many wrongs made this one right? I realized that I had been trying to run with my legs but this time I made sure it was my mind. A very dear friend of mine always says I have head weight and I wish I had listened to his words carefully then itself. From then on too many people were playing on my mind. My hubby for encouraging (forcing?) me to get started , Bryan Adams and MLTR (couldn't listen to boom boom music) and this friend of mine constantly saying ' I told you so'. I'm sure all of them were more tired than I was as they were pacing through my mind till I hit 'finish'. Thanks to all of them who were on my mind without their knowledge !!!!

Totally, it was worth it. I felt liberated when I returned to the stadium and saw my husband's broad smile and my son screaming ' I'm proud of you amma'.
Lesson learnt : Don't run with your leg, run with your mind. And I know I'm going to here this ' I told you so' more and more to a point where I'm going to kick myself for acknowledging this. But again, it's worth it :-)

I guess one more write-up from one more person about running is not going to hurt anyone or is it ??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment