Disclaimer :

Disclaimer : More than half of it(contents of my blog) is fiction and intended only for entertainment. Not meant to be hurtful at all but if one or the other way it feels like that then it's purely unintentional and I hope for forgiveness !

June 30, 2010

Hope I succeed in fighting the Self!

As we grow up we tend to have a lot of conflicting views with our parents,don't we? I have had my moments of arguments and disagreements too. Couple of months ago my dad and I had a small argument over nothing(I can't remember why) and hadn't corresponded with each other till last week. Yeah,I still have my adolescence hiding somewhere which surfaces now and then!

Last week my sister called up to tell me that my dad had a blockage in the same valve of the heart which was replaced 4 years ago and he would have to undergo a surgery sometime this week.That was the time I called my parents and spoke to them and surprisingly they responded as if nothing had happened between us and I was ashamed!There are a lot of things I have learnt from them and a special one being playing the role of a parent.This time again,they lived up to the level they had been placed.

And then it put me in a different thought,what if I hadn't got a chance to speak to him at all after the argument we had had. What a painful thought?!Not having to speak to a person you have hurt,not having a chance to apologize and set things right...it's dreadful,isn't it? Today I realize the role of being human and the value of being affectionate (if you have known them or not doesn't matter). I have revised my prayers now,I ask for the strength to keep away from being rude to people whatever the given circumstances are.Hope I succeed in fighting the Self!

5 comments:

  1. I agree it often takes a lot of commitment & effort to be "A good person", subconsciously, we all are amazingly nice people.
    Between our brain and vocal chord, things get lost in translation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put Pali,I completely agree with you!I'm trying hard to deliver the same message my brain sends without any filter in between :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea G.. you are right.. sometimes i felt it too.. i have a very volatile relationship with Dad. its that way all these years. not ego.. but that's the way it is.. i too have said somethings (many things).. it hurts.. however.. one good thing about being a stone heart.. nothing hurts as much. at least off late.. i try to avoid talking when i am angry. if i cant make peace.. let me not break peace at least...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have the same story but different version I guess,isn't it sri?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Often we learn good things in life the hard way...

    ReplyDelete